Thursday, June 26, 2008

Team Awesome


Thought of the Day: "I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." --Michelangelo

Time has gone so fast. It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the end of out first week. Team Awesome, formerly known as Team 59, has really bonded. I feel so blessed to be working with my 2 stateside teammates, Katie and Erin, our team leader Milagros, and Molly our team intern.

After completing our day jobs with ToƱito Silva, working with Franklin and Ricardo, facilitating the siblings group, and teaching English to the 3rd grade girls, all 3 of us worked with the high school girls on their English and then read stories to the little ones (Katie and I didn't actually read due to our limited Spanish. We did a lot of single words, pointed, and let our 3 year old buddies take the lead!) We ended out long Thursday with a great dinner at Donatello. I think I can speak for all 3 of us, we thoroughly enjoyed the kids today and are so glad we chose the Peru site for our first Global Volunteers experience.

0 comments: