Monday, June 9, 2008

To smile, to laugh, to live..


Thought of the Day: “People always blame their attitude on the day. I’m having a bad day is bologna. What you’re really saying is: I’ve let other people get to my attitude. That is not only unjustifiable; it’s a sign of mental weakness. If you tell yourself you’re having a bad day, I promise you will have one and if you tell yourself you’re having a great day, I promise you will have one. The day is not bad unless you name it bad.”—Katie

As I reflect on the day I smile. I enjoyed it. Yes, it was filled with a lot of overwhelming hecticness, but that just comes with first day jitters. One thing that really surprised me was the welcome I got from the 3 year-olds when we went back for the afternoon projects. The minute they saw us their initial reaction was to hug every one of us. They wanted to connect, hold hands, and they easily returned our smiles.
Poem: To smile, to laugh, to live
Is to love and affirm,
To fly and soar,
to coast into the hearts of people who listen
to tell them that life is to live
that love is there
that nothing is a promise
but that beauty exists
and must be hunted for and found.
Anna

0 comments: