Thursday, June 12, 2008

Give yourself a hug..


Thought of the Day:
Well another day went by. Worked with the toddlers and my mood cant help but charge when I see them running up to me. No matter how upset I am, they are able to lift my spirits without doing anything. This trip has so far gone smoothly. I haven’t been alb eto have so much joy, comfort, and hipe in my heart since my father took his own live in 2005. The life I have been leading seemed to have no substance, to me at least. I have met some beautiful people on this trip who I will always hold close to me heart. I just hope I’ve done as much good on this trip as it has done for me. –Faraz

Although this trip was shorter that I thought, I will still hold close the positive experiences that I have made as an individual and that we have all made together as a group. I have never worked with such kind and warm people who are so gibing to one another, and who really do care. We are all so fortunate to have been able to spend this time together, get to know one another and do some good for the world. Even though I personally could not fulfill all my goals, I would like to pass some of them on to you. My first goal was to play at least 5 songs a week, I played about 3 this week, but the real goal here is to bring music to the kids. All of you have a voice, and I believe that you could sing to at least one child, and Anna, maybe you could sing something at sweet dreams. My second goal is an easy one to fulfill because it is very similar to the ones that most of you have. This was to make these two weeks memorable for at least one kid, and I know that all of you are capable of that and I hope that although my time was short, a small impact was made. And as for my third goal, to buy my mom an alpaca sweater because dad shrunk hers in the wash, well Grandma is taking care of that this afternoon. Thanks, Grams. Thank you all for being one of the things on this trip that I will remember most, and for your support, kindness, great personalities and compassion. Give yourself a hug Team 58. – Sara N.

0 comments: