Monday, June 2, 2008

Second Week


Journal-Francesca Heier
After spending the morning nursing myself, I met the others at our usual lunch spot. After lunch our afternoon consisted of our normal duties, but much less saturated with volunteers. Still the children showed extreme excitement to see us, as if in my case I was Santa bearing gifts. With the 3 year olds we played with the Frisbee, colored, and made play swords out of the markers. The children from the Siblings program joined in our fun. They had been enjoying some beautiful painting with Laura near by.
Sweet dreams was a little later, I did it for the first time. It was a great experience. I think the children really enjoy and appreciate the attention at the end of their day.
After Sweet dreams we met up with the rest of the group and headed to the wonderful "San Antonio". Laura described it exactly how I would have, very "chic". The smells were mouthwatering alone not to mention the gorgeous food on display. Our meals ended with great desserts and a pleasant walk back to the hostel.

Thought of the Day-Emily Hicks
"We cannot do great things in this life, we can only do small things with great love" - Mother Teresa

0 comments: