Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Highlights


This week has been a blur. I can't believe its already Wednesday! Here are some moments that stood out to me on Wednesday:
The babies, smiling at me as I entered the play area of niƱo Jesus.
Sweet little yasami, so comically, adorably exhausted that he couldn't stay sitting up straight.
Laughter while practicing our skit.
Belisa laughing uncontrollably as I tickled her.
Fabiola, Belisa, and Lidia hugging and giggling together.
Today I realized how much I will miss the kids. How is it that I will get to see the benito family only once more? Though it is sad, I realize that their presence in our lives, and ours in theirs, is truly the greatest gift. Through laughter, communication, miscommunication, hugs, and high fives, we have created created mutual joy, friendship, and appreciation that I will never forget. The people, my team mates, the children, are what will stick with me, and I feel so very lucky to have gotten to share life with them for this short time. As I watched the girls smile and hug one another, I was able to appreciate just how much they appreciated one another. Fabiola truly inspires me, helping her sisters, protecting them, hugging them, smiling at them, loving them, and appreciating them. This is something I will definitely take home with me.

0 comments: