Friday, June 29, 2012

Coming to an End

Today brings an end to an all encompassing two week cycle. The past two weeks were my first with a team of volunteers, and now I fully appreciate the need for more hands on deck at PPA. The Stein family who were with us for the first week and the Mylond family, both provided great help and ideas to better both my personal experience and PPA as a whole. The journey began with great enthusiasm and it didn't let up. Along with Martin, we tackled a 10 square meter room with a high roof and really improved it. The stories we all shared over dinner showed me how much enjoyment we all got out of the past two weeks and how passion and perseverance can bring joy to what could be a very glum situation. The insite the families offered PPA really helped me broaden my feeling of influence. Moments like putting a cute hand washing skit together and watching Jessa Stein dance at Junius kept the momentum and made the past two weeks fly by. I can truly say how glad I am to have served with them and they have definitely impacted the way I will approach every situation in my life.

0 comments: