Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Working hard...


Juanita continues to work with Franklin and Ricardo in the morning reading three books and doing some crafts. I continue working with Alfonso behind the laundry. We did finish the project today. It really looks 100% better than when we started. Eventually the area will become a basketball court and park for the older children.

After lunch Edith took Juanita and I to the open air market to buy cookies and a shovel. Found the cookies but the shovels were too short.

In the afternoon, Juanita and I had the boys for English and taught them names of animals and making sentences from the names of the animals. We also taught them numbers 10 to 20 in English.

In the evening Edith went out of her way to take me to Ace Hardware to get the shovel that I wanted. It was an adventure taking the vans. The shovel that I wanted apparently are not sold here in Peru.

The long day was ended by having dinner at Juanita’s favorite restaurant San Antonio’s.

Felipe

0 comments: