Monday, April 28, 2008

Quote for the day: Aesop -“No act of kindness no matter how small is wasted

We started our day with the morning meeting and then Mili arrived! It was so great to see her again. The Global bus was out of commission this morning so we took a taxi to PPA. For me it was a great feeling to be coming back. I haven’t stopped thinking about all the beautiful children at PPA since I was here in January and for Phil, Betty, and Johanna I’m sure it was exciting and a little scary too. After our introductions to the staff, we took a tour of the campus. I was more than overjoyed to see Rosa Christine, Guadalupe, and Fabian first thing in the morning. In three months they each seem so much stronger and more alert and I’m so happy to say I think they recognize me. I truly love each of them and wish I could bring them home with me.

After lunch we started our afternoon work sessions. Phil and Johanna taught English to five girls. I’m sure it was challenging and Betty went to the hospitalito where I believe she had ten patients. I was blessed with the 3 year olds who I am in love with and got to play all afternoon. My heart aches with different emotions, so much thankfulness that I can be here and that these kids can be in such a wonderful safe environment and yet aches that these kids don’t know a parents’ warm bed to crawl into in the middle of the night or have a proud grandparent in the audience at a school play and so many things we all take for granted when we have a loving home. We were all pretty tired by the end of the day but had a great dinner at Mangos which was a nice walk from Torreblanca.
Veronica Montemarano

0 comments: