Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fist Day at PPA...

Today is officially our first day. It’s gorgeous and sunny. It was great to see Edith and the staff at Torreblanca again. I feel so at home here in Miraflores.

We met after breakfast for our orientation. Our group has four members… Betty, Phil, Johanna and myself. Betty, Phil, and Johanna are from Arizona and I am from New York.

We chose our jobs for the week after Edith went over Global’s goals and told us about PPA. This is my second time here in the past three months and I am so excited to be back and to see all the children again. I hope that Phil, Betty, and Johanna find their experience as fulfilling as I have.

Quote for the day: Forest Witcraft
“A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of home I lived in, or the kind of car I drove, but the world will be different because I was important in the life of a child.”

Veronica Montemarano

0 comments: