Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 13

Giuliana Lopes

It would be impossible to sum up the day's events with just one word. No matter how much Edith tried, you could never really prepare for an experience like the one we had this morning. Today we got to see the homes many of the children from the Puericultorio left behind and the terrible conditions some people live in.

I know I speak for everyone when I say how thankful I am for knowing and taking part in an organization that takes such good care of children in need. On another note: Dulces Suenos has been the highlight of my stay in Peru so far. Although a bit chaotic at the start, I managed to keep two ninas interested in Jorge el Curioso. An hour went by so fast that I even forgot to leave them the beanie babies. It was sad to say goodbye, but it's good to know they will all sleep on full stomachs, in clean clothes and warm beds.Thank you Global Volunteers and Edith for providing us with this memorable experience.

Thought for the Day, Jennifer Drodge

For over the margins of life comes a whisper, a faint call, a premonition of richer living...
- Thomas Kelly

0 comments: