Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Only Worry About Today


At breakfast, Edith gave us a thought-provoking start - a short history lesson including the 3 rules Peruvians live by: No lying, stealing, or being lazy ....

By the time I got to kindergarten, the children were already excited about the Christmas celebration. Soon it started... All the performances were impressive, but some children stood out because of their talent or maybe a very special smile...My favorite was the nativity pageant...especially the little girl who took the doll out of the cradle...
Next I went back to the girls' dormitory where the children had a wonderful time teaching me the naughty word for "butt" in Spanish. We also got a good workout doing exercise to a music video...

But the afternoon ended with my leaving PPA early to take a nap...How could this be?.....On the very same day I had been taught the. Peruvian rule "Do NOT be lazy"! Oh well,, we also learned another lesson at breakfast: Edith said "Only worry about today".........And fortunately, for me, tomorrow is another day!

0 comments: