Friday, December 21, 2012

Family

On Friday I had the privilege to meet one of the fathers of a young girl. Her name is Rose. She was in the hospitalito and I gave her father legos and a coloring book and watched as their bond grew even stronger. Today is Christmas and all we have to do is look at the inundation of smiles to know how important our presence is for the children, especially the ones who do not have a family. We are their family, Today, and everyday. This weekend I left Mira Flores and saw a different part of Peru. It was beautiful and I witnessed first hand how important family is. I had lunch with a family up in the hills and we shared laughs. Today and tomorrow we will get tired, but we musn´t forget how important our presence is to the children and that they are the only thing that matters today and everyday. Feliz Navidad.

0 comments: