Monday, October 11, 2010

Team Journal - October 11th

Monday, 11 October

A fun Monday, we started the morning by finishing the painting on the doors in the kids building. Some we had worked on last week. Several pointed out to me that I had a sore head. What had happened was a lump of paint hit me there, and wiping just smudged it. Finishing the painting on the door, I became an English teacher with 2 of the ladies working there with the boys. I do not know their names, but I will be teaching them again on Tuesday. While I do, they each teach me new Spanish words too. I felt proud of myself at lunch, most of the guys wanted me to sit with them. After our lunch, they wanted me to take part in their dance class too, but I just watched. Some boys practiced their English with me, and I practiced my Spanish with them, we all learned new words.

I forgot to tell you that I taught the boys math too. It did take me a while until I saw what their math symbols meant, I`d never seen division signs that the boys used. All the way back in history to Greek development of geometry, and Issac Newton`s calculus. They`ll have to learn standard symbols used in physics and engineering... perhaps later.

Barry Serini

0 comments: