Wednesday, September 15, 2010

And the painting continues!



Wednesday 15th Sept

Today I arrive to CDLN right on time. Myriam starts our daily meeting. Our painting windows project continues in Sonrisa fransciscana pavilion. Today I continue painting the 5th window. Jose is bringing us the ladder. It really helps to reach and paint the hightest part of the windows.

It is 1:30 p.m. and we start our lunch with prayer. We have fun with kids at my table. We enjoy each others company, a counting game in English begins. After lunch I go to help kids to dry off the dishes and we have fun. Myriam takes a photo of us standing by the sink.

After lunch I go to the pavilion to finish the painting. I use Jose´s ladder a lot. There's another 4 windows... the paint is making me a bit dizzy and it has a strong smell! It has been a long day and it is getting pretty hot today :)

At 5 p.m. my taxi punctually arrives and I go home. The taxi driver takes a different route, with less trafic. He drops me off at Larcomar. I walk home by foot enjoying the beautiful scenery.

I am then at the hotel and I am ready to eat my dinner at our restaurant. It is small but very cozy, and they make great steak skewers. I am tired and go to bed early today!

Written by Volunteer Karina

0 comments: