Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lesson learnt...


Friday was a usual day with breakfast and another ¨tour¨of the city on the way to Cidual los Niños.Cora was sick and spent the day at the Hostel and close to the baño.I finished painting the walls in the ¨mud¨ room at San Antonio. Manu continued working on painting the shoe pegs. She has-had the slow job. I´m going to miss her this week.At lunch I experienced a ¨lesson learned¨. The Niños prefer their soup cool. I waited until I seen them coming from school and going to change clothes before I ladeled out their soup so it would be hotter for them. Hot soup did not appear to be their preference.Lesson learned--don´t rock the boat and try and change their eating habits!I enjoyed the afternoon homework session because I took part in the class assignment. With help from Tonya, I was able to read the assignment and complete it which encouraged the boys to follow my example. Each one of them and the tutors got a ¨well done-good job¨ sticker and off to the playground for a game of football.I look forward to the short waiting period we have before leaving to come back to the hostel to prowl through the concession stand.Friday nite supper was at the Chinese place Xin Xin. Cora stayed at the hostel to continue recuperating. She is much better and plans on the city tour tomorrow.


By Verlon



0 comments: