Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day of Sunshine


Blanca- concrete floor is laid, electricity grid placed. Sealing and patching walls today - a less dirty task. Discussions of wall colours and grouting makes me hopeful that I will see a finished room? Juan, Jose Carlo and co. move fast. I was stood up by my siblings- a trip to the dentist for Pamela meant a stay in the Hospitalito for her. Instead, I hung out with a bunch of 3 year olds, along with Jaquie. Adorable. I am left with neverending admiration for the two carers who generally manage all 14 kids by themselves.

Kay- attributed the wakefulness of her students to the day of sunshine in La Molina, however, it may also be a result of the highly successful 'some' and ' any' rap accompanied by foot stomping, that she devised for her class. All 9 staff members attended a birthday luncheon. The afternoon conversation classes comprised personality tests ( only one definite B from the dozy guy at the back) and idioms and slang, with a ' cat got your tongue' from Kay when no response was forthcoming.

 

0 comments: