Thursday, April 14, 2011

Reflections from a 2011 CDLN Volunteer

It is always heartwarming and encouraging to read volunteer reflections as their service programs come to a close. We have already had numerous volunteer teams serve in Peru this winter and spring, and we would love to share some of the kind words shared by a recent volunteer. Enjoy, and become inspired!!


Final Day Reflections by Volunteer Shanna


"I have so enjoyed my stay here. The Peruvians I have met are kind, friendly and helpful.

Our guide Tatya has been so conscientious and gracious. Tonight she took us to a Peruvian restaurant named "Tanta" and it was just that - So Much. Since I think this is the last time I will write in the journal, I want to say how much I´ve enjoyed everyone´s company and how much I value these new friendships. This experience here in Peru, these friendships, and the faces of those energetic, beautiful and challenging boys will always have a place in my heart!"

0 comments: