Thursday, November 22, 2007

November 21

Beth Hoverman

I have been changed forever because of this experience. This week has been going by fast. As the end is in sight, I reflect on the young lives I have changed. I hope Princess (Rosa Cristina) remembers me since I will always remember her! My heart smiles whenever I think of her.

There is so much need here at the PPA, it's difficult not to get overwhelmed. But one thing that is not lacking is the loving, caring staff that genuinely want to help these children. We can all see how they prioritize the children's needs above anything else. The children are so polite and patient, I would expect to see sad faces here without a family but to my surprise they all smile and seem very content with their circumstances.

The standards at PPA have thoroughly exceeded my expectations. I am so blessed to know and see how these kids are taken care of.

Edith you are also a HUGE blessing to all of us & PPA - thanks for your unending patience with the (Peters) picky eaters in the group. I will always remember you for your phrases "don't worry, it's possibly and I know, I know."

Thought for the Day, Deb Connor

Everything that is done in the world is done by hope. - Martin Luther King

0 comments: