Monday, June 16, 2008

Second week...no great things, only small things with great love!


Thought of the Day: If you let your worries control you, you wont have any excitement and what’s life without any excitement? – Gina

Today marked the beginning of week two. We began the day fewer in number and tired from our weekend free time, but ended it with only good stories to tell.
I spent the morning with ten five-year-old “Uvas” who worked on their numbers and letters, finger-painted, and enjoyed a snack and a free range recess. I did my best to be helpful, mostly as a cleaner and nose-wiper. I enjoyed their energy and the feel of the classroom. Susan and I spent the afternoon with 13 first grade girls teaching animals and the sounds they make. The girls liked the activities that went along with the lesson, and kept us on our toes. The warm “Hasta Mañana” we heard when it was time to go felt good.
Today everything felt more familiar and comfortable, as if we belonged. Everyone we meet in encouraging and positive.
I have always liked the quote, “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” I believe this experience applies. –Jane.

0 comments: